cafeteria 2 xbox controllers and a rock band 2 game are missing from the caf.
the cafeteria is open on monday this week, but closed for the rest of the week.
library the library is closed from june 26th to june 30th for inventory.
rock of ages auditions all grade 11 & 12 students are welcome to audition june 22 & 23 – no previous musical theatre experience is necessary. see the posters around the school for the edmodo code and more information.
study tips Study Tips will be posted throughout the school, keep your eyes out for ideas on how create the proper study environment, how to organize your information and how to keep a healthy mind and body during a stressful time.
For individualized study help Ms Sarah Juchnowski (school psych) will be available at lunch on Monday June 19th and Wednesday June 21.
3. Make the information meaningful. Summarize concepts and definitions in your own words instead of trying to memorize the notes word for word. Ask for help if you are struggling to do this.
4. Exercise, eat, sleep! Exercise and sleep help to alleviate stress, a nourished and rested body provide more energy. Cramming the night before is one of the worst things you can do to your body for the day of the exam. Prepare earlier and for less amounts of time to allow you to maintain healthy habits throughout your exams.
5. Organize your information into logical categories, this will help with recall and memory. It enables you to associate words with certain categories and helps to trigger your memory.
6. Use "association" to connect what you're studying to an event, a story told in class, a person, a situation; something that will trigger your memory to the meaning of the content.
7. Talk it out - telling another person about what you're studying is a powerful and underutilized strategy for studying. Teach it to your parents, have them ask questions that you have to explain. It improves memory of information and clarifies where you need to spend more time.
8. Check in with your Teachers!!! As you prepare, write down specific questions in areas that you are unclear, make extra help dates with your teacher and go through detailed questions.
exam schedule it’s available online or in the office. There is also a form that needs to be submitted to the office if you are going to be away during exams.
the exam seating schedule is outside of the office. check that you know where your name is. if there are any problems, see mrs. cordova in the office.
teachers – a reminder that desks will be moved this afternoon.
bike locks students who bike to school are strongly encouraged to purchase a u-lock, as chain locks are very easy to cut and there have been attempted thefts throughout the division.
girls hockey Any girls interested in playing hockey next year are required to attend a brief meeting on monday at lunch. See mr hiebert if you cannot attend as important info will be giving out.
girls rugby uniforms – get them in to ms. ammeter!